Thread: CloudAcces and security groups provisioning Office 365

Post CloudAcces and security groups provisioning Office 365

I'm currenlty investigating CloudAccess as a candidate for one of our clients. Besides providing single sign-on (SSO) to their Office 365 environment, they have another requirement: the solution needs to provision existing AD groups as Security Groups in Office 365. I have looked at the documentation, but it seems that only mapping of existing Office 365 Security Groups to AD groups is supported (a.k.a. Role Mapping).

I guess my client needs to create all the Security groups by hand and map them through the CloudAccess webinterface?

Is it possible to request a CloudAccess 2.0 VM iniside NODS for demo purposes?
    Last edited by sveldhuisen; 05-Mar-2014 at 09:24.

Re: CloudAcces and security groups provisioning Office 365

Quote Originally Posted by sveldhuisen View Post
    I'm currenlty investigating CloudAccess as a candidate for one of our clients. Besides providing single sign-on (SSO) to their Office 365 environment, they have another requirement: the solution needs to provision existing AD groups as Security Groups in Office 365. I have looked at the documentation, but it seems that only mapping of existing Office 365 Security Groups to AD groups is supported (a.k.a. Role Mapping).

I guess my client needs to create all the Security groups by hand and map them through the CloudAccess webinterface?

Is it possible to request a CloudAccess 2.0 VM iniside NODS for demo purposes?
    Yes, in the current release, they would have to manually create the security groups in O365, then map them to their groups in AD with PolicyMapping.

As for NODS, I know there are some CloudAccess systems available. (contact the NODS team, I guess)

Quote Originally Posted by jhhut View Post
    As for NODS, I know there are some CloudAccess systems available. (contact the NODS team, I guess)
    There is not a CloudAccess system available via NODS ( https://www.novell.com/demosystems/#demos ) for demo purposes. However you can download and install CloudAccess (30 day trial) for Demo purposes in your own environment.

Thanks all for the feedback. Let me see if can find some contactinfo of the people behind NODS: a VM that uses 8GB of RAM is not handy on my current demolaptop.