On 12/16/2013 03:54 PM, rrawson wrote:
> We have a client who has about 100,000 users. Each of those users are
> identified by three demographic attributes: Department, Divison and job
> title. There are hundreds of possible values between the three, which we
> hoped to create an equal number of Level 30 birthright roles. So there
> could be 100's of roles, some will have as many as 25,000 users assigned
> to them, some with many fewer. The idea is that these roles will become
> the parents of application roles associated with resources, assigned to
> entitlements to grant something (most often an AD group membership).
> So the question is one of scalability. We did a test and created a role
> with 25K assignments and it was days to process. With this many roles
> and assignments startup of this solution could be very drawn out. Is
> there a practical limit here? What would affect it (number of roles,
> number of assignments, inherited roles, etc.)
1) Were you requesting the Role for 1 user at a time? How were you
making the requests: UI, REST, SOAP, do-add-role, via a Workflow (role
request object), ...etc?
2) What is the exact version of the User Application, Role Resource
3) What is the patch level of the Engine?
4) Are you running on a physical server or a VM? How is the hard disk
configured for eDirectory?
5) Have you increased the memory for the Engine? If yes, to what?
Lead Software Engineer