Can this be done? I have a someonewhat complex operation I need to do with an Avaya system(not using Avaya driver).

Our Avaya system connects to the Vault with a middleware package that translates all Avaya commands into ldap commands and sends them to an ldap directory(edir). This app basically synchronizes Avaya to an LDAP store. It works quite well, but I have to a strange operation that I am not sure I can do with the LDAP IDM driver.

Scenario:

1. New phone added to Avaya.
2. Middleware app intercepts and writes out phone object to an LDAP eDir instance.
3. Above eDir instance has IDM edir2edir connection to the Vault.
4. Above edir2edir takes phone object to vault, matches with user, populates new number, etc. etc.

All this I have working. We can provision a phone in Avaya, and the user has his phone number updated in the Vault properly.

At this point though I need to take some attributes from the Vault and merge those onto the phone object in Avaya and in the eDir instance. I cannot just use the same edir2edir connection to push back because if I push back the attributes will only get updated on the eDir instance, it will not flow up to Avaya because the middleware app is not "monitoring" edir. You have to make an LDAP connection to the middleware app who will push to edir and to Avaya.

So my thought is to use an LDAP driver(I have never used). I made some routine tests and the LDAP driver does communicate properly to the middleware and I can add an object via the driver and have the middleware app push to edir and Avaya.

Will I run into any association problems here? When my event is first coming through there is no association so it converts to an add, that is errroneous because the object is there. I cannot seem to get my matching rule to work properly on the subscriber channel to query the ldap store. I work with edir drivers 99% of the time so maybe this double driver is burned into my brain.

Is this doable?