I am trying to synchronize a eDirectory for Linux v8.7.3.7 (OES SP2) tree running IDM 3 to a eDirectory for v8.7.3.7 (NW 6.5) running IDM 2.0. I cannot seem to run the NDS2NDS driver certificate wizard with any success.

If I start from the IDM 3 server I can authenticate to the local tree within the wizard but, when I put the parameters in for the target tree (IDM 2) authentication and choose next it throws an error which states:

Error: Driver Wizard - Error
The following 'Exception' was thrown and was not handled.
''com.novell.admin.common.exceptions.UniqueSPIExce ption: (Error -634) The target server does not have a copy of what the source server is requesting. Or, the source server has no objects that match the request and has no referrals on which to search for the object.''.

I have tried all of the possible parmutaions of the parameters to ensure I'm putting them in correctly but nothing works.

If I try the same NDS2NDS procedure from the reverse perspective IDM2 to IDM3 server I can again authenticate to the local tree but, I get this error when I put in the authentication information for the target tree and choose next:

Error: Driver Wizard - Error
The following 'Exception' was thrown and was not handled.
''com.novell.admin.common.exceptions.UniqueSPIExce ption: (Error -635) The target server does not have the correct information about the source server.''.

I have used an LDAP browser to ensure the userid, password and context is correct from both perspectives. I also have tested the connectivity between the trees via ping.

Any help would be appreciated.