Hello,

I am writing a simple app that should monitor for EVT_ADD_VALUE and EVT_DELETE_VALUE events for the groupMembership attribute for all users.

I can create an EdirEventSpecifier() object with two parms: event type and status type. If I create it like this:

EdirEventSpecifier evtSpec = new EdirEventSpecifier(LDAPConstants.EVT_ADD_VALUE, LDAPConstants.EVT_STATUS_SUCCESS);

...then I will be notified of ALL value add events, no matter the object class or the attribute.

I would like to limit event notification to EVT_ADD_VALUE and EVT_DELETE_VALUE events *only* for inetOrgPerson objects, and *only* for the groupMembership attribute.

There is a second constructor that takes a string as a third parm that is meant to be a filter, but I can't seem to find any documentation about it. Would it be something like this:

EdirEventSpecifier evtSpec = new EdirEventSpecifier(EVT_ADD_VALUE, EVT_STATUS_SUCCESS, "(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)");

...and then be forced to examine the ValueEventData object that comes with each event notification to see if it was for the attribute that I needed? Or is there some way to have the filter also indicate the attribute that I want?

Thanks.

--sk.